Kate Collins & George Northrop, 978-249-4407: firstname.lastname@example.org
Denise Leonard, 413-773-5232; email@example.com
(send entries and entry inquiries to Denise Leonard)
Martha Walke, 802-765-9421, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wendy Warner, 413-743-4733, email@example.com
The Massachusetts Sheep and Woolcraft Fair is happy to host two 1-day Novice and Open Trials, May 25th and 26th, for Northeast Border Collie Association. This trial will also be USBCHA sanctioned (both Open & Nursery). A USBCHA Nursery Class will run at the conclusion of the day on Saturday, if time allows and a minimum of 5 eligible dogs are entered.
Novice Classes will start at 7 am and will run in order as follows: Novice, Pro-Novice, Ranch. Each class will be preceded by a handlers meeting. Classes will be run according to the current NEBCA Novice Guidelines. The Open Class will start at the conclusion of the novice classes each day preceded by a handlers meeting.
All handlers are invited to a Pot Luck Supper after the trial (in the trial area) on Saturday. The fair will hold an ice cream social after the dinner—all are invited!
In order for the trial to run smoothly, we will need the help of the handlers. Please volunteer for one of the following work areas: set-up of fencing, take-down of fencing, sheep pen, setting out sheep, exhausting sheep, announcing to the public, scribing for the judge, and secretarial duties.
The open/novice mentoring is intended to help novice handlers learn about sheepdog trials from more experienced handlers. Topics can include judging and evaluating runs, sheep handling (sheep pen), spotting and exhaust work. Open and novice handlers will be paired for one-on-one mentoring. If you would like to participate, please check the appropriate line on the entry form.
Rules and Regulations
1. There will be a limit of two dogs per handler, regardless of ownership, per class. Third dogs will be accepted on a space available basis. Please send a separate check for any third dogs and USBCHA nursery entries.
2. Entry Fees (US Funds):
• Open Class: $43 per dog
• Novice and ProNovice - $28 per dog
• Ranch - $31 per dog
• USBCHA Nursery - $27 per dog
Entries open April 1, 2013 must be postmarked by May 3, 2013. Entries mailed earlier will be treated as being received on the opening date. Entries will be accepted until the closing date or classes fill. Running order will be drawn on May 11th. Receipt of completed entry blanks and fee constitutes entry. No emailed entries will be accepted. Entry fee from cancelled entries will be returned provided notification of cancellation is made before Saturday, May 18th.
3. Ribbons will be awarded in all classes (except USBCHA Nursery). Open class top 10 winners will receive prize money.
4. Any damage done to the sheep by the dog, on or off the course, will be the responsibility of the handler.
5. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
6. Dogs will be under control at all times. Handlers are asked NOT to walk their dogs in the vendor and sheep barn area. Handlers are asked to clean up after their dogs.
7. No puppies will be displayed for sale.
Click here to download the 2013 Entry Form
2012 Results - Saturday Open
2012 Results - Sunday
2012 Results - Novice
2010 Results - Saturday
2010 Results - Sunday